Current Job Offers
We are hiring!
Apply now and become part of our committed, passionate and innovative team! We offer exciting challenges, further training and an attractive income and a wide range of support, should you be applying from outside Switzerland, from assistance with relocation to finding your new home and help with settling in, in Switzerland.
If you are a qualified middle school or secondary school teacher and your mother tongue is English, and you thrive on inter-disciplinary and project-based teaching, then you have come to the right place. A knowledge of German and an affinity for technology (our students and teachers work with iPads and Macs) are advantageous.
For the new Schoolyear, we are looking for a qualified visual arts teacher for our middle and upper school who can teach visual arts the classical way and teach computer-based graphic- and UX-design, animation, 3D etc. We aim to teach visual arts holistically in context with film and computer game productions. A certain level of understanding for coding and unity or unreal engines would be great. The candidate needs to have practical experience in classroom-management and to deal with Teenagers. A teaching diploma (BA or MA) is mandatory.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced and passionate educator to assume the following role:
Early Years Educator (Mother tongue English)
Role and responsibility:
- Work with your German speaking colleague to support the social and academic development of young children (2 to 4 years)
- Preparation of teaching materials
- Maintenance of the learning environment
- Delivery of activities
- Native English speaker
- Highly motivated with experienced in working with young children 2 to 4 years
- Education in Early Childhood
- Individual who values working in a team and has a strong work ethic independent person who can handle stressful situations and the demands of the school community
- Someone who demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and openness towards new ideas – shows understanding of a private school environment
- Individual who shows loyalty and a commitment to the school, its vision and being a role model through living the OBS Universe of Values
- Attitude toward international mindedness and lifelong learning – a commitment to continuous professional development
What we offer:
- An innovative and international bilingual working environment
- Motivated and passionate team colleagues
- A modern school building with a canteen
Temporary Late Care Assistance (approx. 40%)
- Qualification as a childcare professional is of advantage
- Experience in working with children
- Mother tongue German or English
- Respectful, solution-oriented communication
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Looking after children from 15.30 – 18.30 (3 months to 4 years or kindergarten to 6th grade).
- Living and exemplifying the pedagogical concept
- Planning, organising and carrying out small projects and helping to set up the rooms
- Small “household” tasks
- collegial atmosphere in an innovative and international team
- Work in a modern school campus
- attractive catering
- on site parking spaces
Who are we?
OBS is a forward-thinking, bilingual, private day school close to Zürich that provides a student-centred and holistic learning experience for children aged three months to 18 years. We are pioneers in using technology inside and outside the classroom, be it digital learning, virtual reality or eSports. You would be joining an open-minded team that constantly creates an inspiring learning environment that encourages both a local and global mindset.
Please send your completed application (CV, Motivation letter, Diplomas and work reference letters) in digital format to Andrea Höfliger (Head of HR): email@example.com